Sunday, September 16, 2012

Song of the week: Nightwish - The Crow, the Owl and the Dove


So I decided to post about my favorite song of the week :)

For this week the song that I listened the most is Nightwish - The Crow, the Owl and the Dove from the "Imaginaerum" album




It's such a beautiful song!! This song is slow and relaxing compared to the other songs in the album  and it makes me imagine being in a fairytale, I love music that can makes me feel that way.


Marco (left) & Tuomas (right)

Tuomas Holopainen (Leader of the band) said: “It’s the only song on the album which is written by Marco [Hietala] and it’s a funny thing that the most metal head in the band has the most poppy song on the album.”

He also added  “It’s a fantastic song and it has quite a deep meaning behind it. I love Henry David Thoreau, the author and I read his book ‘Walden’ and that’s where I got the idea for the lyrics for the song.”

I highly recommend to listen to it and then listen to the other songs in the "Imaginaerum" album which are just wonderful!!

A.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!

    I'm sold to their style! Love the song, its very Jrock Visual Kei like goes very well with a anime called Black Butler I think ^_^

    ahhhh can't stop listening to it haha XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow i didn't know you were into Jrock vk and anime stuff! That's so great!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very beautiful song :)
    Nightwish was the band that made me love metal music.. back then Tarja was their lead singer but I must say that Annette is amazing too :)
    You have a really lovely blog sweetie.. Im following :)
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and for leaving me such a sweet comment and for following me :) It means a lot :)
    hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed :)
    Nightwish is great! <3 ... Tarja and Anette are quite different but that makes them unique and great in their own way. I really enjoy Anette's voice and I think it suits pretty good to the band :)... I'm so excited to see them live in less than two weeks here in SLC :)
    I'm just starting my blog, so much to learn but hopefully i'll do better with time :)
    I love your blog you are so creative with your nail art and I'm sure I'll get tons of ideas!!I can't wait for more posts!! I love beauty and nail stuff so i'll be a constant visitor there :)
    And thank you for following that makes me happy!! :)

    ReplyDelete